We often have lots of down time on New Years, and it is so close to the weekend that I thought, let’s use it wisely!
This is what I do when I am really overwhelmed and I feel like a deer in headlights.
I thought I would share this video with you from when I moved into my house.
It was a time that I had so much on my plate, and I was so overwhelmed and could easiy have done what I call “A Lot-a-Nothin” – you know, I could easily freeze, like a deer in headlights.
In the video I explain what I do when I feel like that, and also I have it written out below.
* 1st – Shower (It has been said that “If you are going to clean like crazy, you are going to look nuts!” ~ Peggy Jones
(Honestly, make yourself feel good on the outside, it’s important!)
* Next – Get a notebook and a pen.
* Make a list without getting overwhelmed, of all the things you have to get done today.
Write them in no particular order.
* We all need to write down “Prepare for Tomorrow” on our list too, no matter what you have going on today, this needs to be included.
* Next thing I want you to do is write down how much time you want to spend on each thing, and I will tell you how to decide how much time to choose.
Give more time to what you REALLY LOVE on your list, and less time to the things you don’t like to do.
* So 15 – 50 minutes each.
If you love it give that thing 50 minutes. if you don’t like it very much give that task 15 or 30 mutes.
* After you’ve written how much time you will spend on each thing on your list, think of that ONE job that you have written down that would make you the MOST HAPPY to accomplish.
* Then set a timer for the amount of time you allotted for it and DO IT!
* Then come back to your list when the timer goes off.
* When you come back: Pick 3 more jobs that will make you the most happy to get done. Put the numbers 2, 3 and 4 next next to only 3 other jobs you have on your list
Don’t think of anything else, otherwise you will get overwhelmed.
* Do those three things for the allotted time, don’t think of anything else and when you are done with those three things, come back to your list.
Some of those things you won’t have to do again today, like if one thing was: “Throw rotten food out of the Refrigerator” and you have done that, you can cross that off the list.
Other things you will have to continue with, such as “My disaster of a bedroom” You may have put 30 minutes on it, but it needs more time, so you need to do it again, see what I mean?
Put numbers 5, 6 and 7 next to 3 other things you have to do on your list, and follow the same guidelines: Hate the job, less time, Love the job more time. Begin with what would make you most happy to do, 3 things at a time.
This works so well, and I am going to do this right now!!
I look forward to what you have to say about this! You can go into my ROOM BY ROOM Facebook group and post your list if you like. I will be doing this!
Maybe we will meet there and work together. In any case, someone will be there to work with for sure!
Much Love to you!
The Tidy Tutor
If you haven’t taken my course Tidy Tutor University I hope that you will check it out HERE, you can take the first session for FREE 🙂 I know you will love it and I hope that you will decide to enroll in my course. See you on the inside!