INTRODUCTION: GETTING STUFF DONE – NO MORE WHEEL SPINNING
When you have the time
to get stuff done –
and you don’t want to waste it!
Have you you ever had a big block of time
and you decide that you will use it to get stuff done?
GSD – GETTING STARTED INSTRUCTION 1
We are on getting stuff done and not spinning our wheels. We have to put the large rocks in the jar first, gotta do what is most important to you first. Filling things up with sand. Little things that won’t make you happy when all is said and done, there will be no room for anything else in your jar.
* Make a list of five things that you want to get done.
* Put the number 1 next to the thing that will make you most happy if it was done
* Do that 1 thing for 30 minutes
* After you do that, go to the next video.
* If you have laundry on your list, put it in the washer before you start the 30 minutes.
* How to clean up that room
* Put stuff that belongs in another room in the house on a chair or on the corner of a couch, just make a pile somewhere.
* Next – Work from the surfaces down
* Have windex, furniture polish, paper towels and a rag
* When done with surfaces and floor, use Windex and furniture polish as needed
* After all of that – put away the items that go into another room in the house, the things you piled up.
* If you have a child who can help you, ask them to put those things in the rooms they belong in while you are working on other things in that room.
* When the 30 minutes are up, go tot he next video.
GSD – WHAT’S NEXT: 2
Number the next 4 things
The next thing you want to do, Put the number 2 by that
The next thing after that, go back to the other room if you hadn’t finished it.
Number the next ones
30 minutes is the max – 15 minutes is the minimum
What you like to do give 30 min – what you don’t like give 15
Don’t forget about the washer if you have it going
Move quickly, pretend that company is coming
Do the next thing on the list (or two things) and come back to the videos
# 3 Getting Stuff Done – Back to Number 1 or…[soundcloud id=’76713955′]
Here we will go back to the first room/project we started with if you
haven’t finished it.
I know I said to do max 30 min and minimum 15, but I am changing that up!
50 Max and 30 Minimum.
It is true that if you do 15 minutes a day in a storage room, or in any
project that in a week you will see crazy results, Heck, in a day you will
But this is GETTING STUFF DONE! We are seriously trying to kick some BUTT here!
So that when you are done, you can step back and put your hands on your hips and
say “DAMN! I did good!”
If you finished the first room, then go to the next thing on the list of five tings.
Not the second that you did just before this, but the third thing. IF you have finished
with the 1st. OK? READY? SET! GO!!!
GSD – BRINGING IT HOME 🙂
(a necessary side note)
IF YOU HAVE LAUNDRY GOING, PUT IT IN THE DRYER
Set a timer to remind yourself about the laundry that is going!
The necessity of taking a break[soundcloud id=’76722934′]
Right now you may not want a break, and that is ok if that is the case.
Work again on any thing at all of your choice that is on your list.
But! Only for 30 minutes, and then watch the next video.
We go at things like gang-busters and then burn out so bad that we
don’t finish. So take my advise, and DEFINITELY watch the next video
for guidelines to taking a break.
If you fell like you want a break now, great, no prob! Go onto…
“Take a Break and Have Some Fun”
Take a break to have some fun.
*Go on the computer or watch some tv.
*set a timer for 15 or 30 minutes
If you have an entire weekend to get stuff done, take 30 minutes.
IF you have just a few hours take a 15 minute break.
* MIND THAT TIMER 🙂
GSD – COMPANY IS COMING!
Time to get back to work now!
If you didn’t have your entrance way on your list, I suggest taking some time for it.
If you are done with things on your list make another list
Or go back into rooms that you already worked on and still need attention.
On the Tidy Tutor facebook page you can report what you have gotten done and what you are working on.
You will do another 30 minutes and go back to video if you want
Don’t go to computer to post on facebook, or take a break till you have worked for an hour.
Now get to what you have next and I’ll see you in a little bit.
GSD – 5 TAKE CARE OF YOU
* Have a snack if you hadn’t yet, and be sure to drink water.
* Set a 15 minute timer for the snack.
* If you had a snack before, don’t use this as an excuse to have one now.
* If you hadn’t eaten and it is lunch time, then set the timer for 30 minutes.
* If you want to sit at your computer while you eat, go ahead
* BE SURE TO SET THE TIMER AND MIND IT 🙂
Cleaning up what you cleaned up 🙂[soundcloud id=’76748505′] At this point you may have a mess in one room.
If your goal was to get a room organized and together, there were things that had to be
Now, take 15 minutes to consolidate and just put all of the items that have accumulated
in another room and make it neet.
Than… after you have done that, get your night time routine going on.
Don’t be upset if you made a mess, getting things done. You are now making it orderly.
Remember, you didn’t get into the mess overnight and you are not going to get out of
Tomorrow is another day, and you have the system in place, we will get to it.
Love you Bunches!
Bringing it all home – Last Video
This is the last video for “I got a big block of time and I don’t want to waste it.” AKA – Getting Stuff Done! If you have been following it, then there has been no wheel spinning. You also got the little breaks you needed in between, so even if you didn’t take any computer breaks, you got the breaks to watch the videos.
We love company and we hate to work alone. I would call my Born Organized friend Lisa and she would give me some coaching. She would say, OK, what is the most important thing? I say, do what makes you the most happy. Do that first.
As time goes by, and you are saying “I don’t want to do this any more!” But you still have stuff to do… Try the C.O.C (Clean On Commercials) You watch tv, and when a commercial comes on you run around and play beat the clock and do as much as you can until the commercial is over. or the C.I.C. (Clean In-between Chapters) When you are reading you clean after you are done with a chapter. The number of pages in the chapter are the minutes that you clean. You can find the video in Motivation Monday’s archive.
* Remember to stay localized to one room when your timer is set to get moving.
* Remember to pile up things that belong in another room
* Don’t put anything away in other rooms until you are done in that room with everything else.
* Have laundry and the dishwasher going while you are working on other things.
If you haven’t taken Tidy Tutor University, you can do that here! Classes start Aril 28. You get the course immediately upon enrollment.
Click Here and Enroll!